> Subj: Re: CYBERHARBOR:A sad passing for Greenpoint
>  Date: 11/1/03 1:14:16 AM Eastern Standard Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>

> I'm so sorry to hear that Willy passed away. I was amazed to see him
> attending waterfront meetings into his 90's! I have a handmade miniture
> table &chair set that he made, which I proudly display in my living
> room. My living room is a trove of waterfront nic nacs. Of course the
> table and chair set is a waterfront nic nac since it was made by Willy.
> In Greenpoint, Willy=Waterfront. He will be missed. And his work will
> carry on. Noone that knew him will forget that he wants a FISHING pier
> on this waterfront. And his request is and will continue to be addressed
> in our recommendations during the Greenpoint WIlliamsburg rezoning
> process.
>
> Laura Hofmann
> CB1 Rezoning Task Force
> Sub-committee Chair for Parks &Open Space

--- Begin Message ---
I'm so sorry to hear that Willy passed away. I was amazed to see him
attending waterfront meetings into his 90's! I have a handmade miniture
table & chair set that he made, which I proudly display in my living
room. My living room is a trove of waterfront nic nacs. Of course the
table and chair set is a waterfront nic nac since it was made by Willy.
In Greenpoint, Willy=Waterfront. He will be missed. And his work will
carry on. Noone that knew him will forget that he wants a FISHING pier
on this waterfront. And his request is and will continue to be addressed
in our recommendations during the Greenpoint WIlliamsburg rezoning
process.

Laura Hofmann
CB1 Rezoning Task Force
Sub-committee Chair for Parks & Open Space

--- Begin Message ---
Good Day all,

My Grandfather in Law, Bill Studioso AKA Willie the Barber passed away in his
sleep today at his sons home in Alloway New Jersey at the age of 97 after a
long fight against cancer.

Bill was a founding member of the Friends of India Street Pier in Greenpoint,
Brooklyn back in the 1980s and fought tirelessly for nearly 20 years for
community access to the waterfront, against transfer stations and a whole host
of
other community ill's. He was somewhat infamous for sitting in an elected
officials office and not leaving until he had spoken his mind.
Despite moving to New Jersey he continued to write elected officials on
behalf of his old neighborhood and never minded the various little kids who he
helped teach the ABC's by letting them copy his letter of the day to the
politicians.
He is survived by his 4 kids, 13 grandchildren and 27 great grandchildren
many of whom carry on his legacy of community based environmental activism
throughout NYC, NJ and LI.

Be well all

Mike Steffens

--- End Message ---