Hi, all,

For the video makers, if you make a slight southern
detour, I'd be happy to show you around Charlotte. At
this time of year, most North American gardens are at
the end of their summer cycle (or between summer and
fall), so we might not have much to show. Hope you're
planning to drive back through in June or July!

For the couple who want to open their personal garden
(very generous thought), you might want to evisit
Winghaven Garden http://www.winghavengardens.com, and
tell your story to the director, Dia Steiger. At
Winghaven, a public-minded citizen did something
somewhat similar to what you are considering. She left
a wonderful legacy when she died that is still going
strong today, in the center of Charlotte.

Good luck to all,

Don Boekelheide
(who spent the day pulling off green tomatoes, with
scattered frost predicted for tonight).