Thought you might find this of interest - Green Guerillas is a famous cg
group here in NYC.

<A HREF="http://www.greenguerillas.org/updates-item.asp?ID=3D102=20";>GG
Proposal</A>

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman

> [...]
> The North and South Gardens are integrated into the overall form of the
> memorial site and linked by a common radial form walkway and main
> promenade that leads visitors through the Urban Farm and Garden.
>
> Two to three acres can feed hundreds of people, provide employment and
> connect New Yorkers to the source of their food and the earth itself. As
> a generator of jobs and local produce, the site can demonstrate that a
> successful economy with local roots can be an important pebble in the
> global pond. Restaurant owners who were part of the healing force in the
> days following September 11th may participate as producers and consumers
> of herbs, vegetables and fruit from the gardens. A Market and Education
> Center could be an integral part of the neighborhood and ordinary
> workday, bringing people together through classes and celebrations
> focusing on gardening and cooking.
>
> Imagine an orchard with varieties of apples, cherries and other fruit
> trees where people could stroll down the paths enjoying the shade and
> witnessing the gradual cycle from flower to fruit. Consider walking in
> the middle of winter in a conservatory filled with earthy smells and the
> brilliant colors of an array of fresh vegetables and flowers. Outdoor
> gardens could offer visitors the opportunity to walk through lush
> plantings of herbs, berries, cut flowers and a full range of seasonal
> vegetables. This working Urban Farm project is unique in its ability to
> engage local residents, workers, non-profit agencies, community leaders
> and schools, as well as volunteers from across the United States, in its
> creation and ongoing care.
>
> It is not enough to consecrate this sacred ground with steel and
> concrete and extraordinary architecture. As a nation, we must honor the
> lives lost with seeds planted in their memories -seeds that will live,
> grow and flourish, bringing hope and lifting our collective and
> individual spirit. We are called to create a place of healing for the
> hearts, minds and souls of people who come to seek solace and find
> common ground that serves as both a final resting place and a
> life-giving environment for people, plants and renewal.
>
> The Urban Farm &Gardens Memorial is a place for people ...
>
> Healing Gardens for visitors and people who work and live in Lower
> Manhattan
> Grove of Memorial Trees  planted and cared for by families and friends
> of the victims of September 11th
> Living Display of Cultures brought together by the World Trade Center
> Working Urban Farm that produces fruit, vegetables and herbs for
> restaurants and people who live and work in Lower Manhattan
> Vital Green Space that spurs the local economy, creates jobs and
> encourages civic participation
> Project that Engages residents, local nonprofits, community leaders,
> schools and volunteers from around the United States in its creation and

--- Begin Message ---
[...]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
PROJECT FOR PUBLIC SPACES
become a member - visit our websites
www.pps.org / www.urbanparks.pps.org

To send a message: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe: See the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any message.
Any questions? Contact Katie Salay: [EMAIL PROTECTED]