Hi, all.

I am located in Durham, North Carolina.  Our church has a vacant lot  next to
our education building, and I am writing a grant to develop some of that
space into a community garden.  The grant is due next Saturday, October 15,
and
we're planning to hand carry it for submission on Friday, the 14th.

We are proposing "mixed use" space.  Some of the space would  be maintained
in common by the church to provide produce for persons in our  church who are
no longer able to get out on their own, for persons who are on  fixed incomes
and are no longer able to garden, for persons with acute,  (relatively)
short-term needs for food, or for local shelters, food banks,  and food
pantries.

We also plan to make raised beds available to people in the  neighborhood who
would like to raise food for their own use.  I have  seen some examples on
the AGCA website of information to include on  applications and sample
guidelines and rules.  In  addition,  I would appreciate receiving any examples
of
applications or other guidelines/rules that other community gardening
organizations are using, so I can avoid "reinventing the wheel  unnecessarily."

Thanks.
Larry Kroutil
Calvary United Methodist Church
Durham, NC