Corry,

I'll be sending of e-mails to the folks listed on your list, I hope people
from all over the country send messages in re this historic community garden.

1) I'm also thinking, going forward, that you might want to contact the Trust
for Public Land in your area, because of TPL's history of purchasing land for
land trust community gardens in NYC as well as the historical significance of
a community garden that started off as a Victory Garden in World War II.  As
a 60 year old community garden with that heritage, it might just be up TPL's
alley.

Here is the national TPL link: <A HREF="http://www.tpl.org/";>TPL</A>

This is the address of you local TPL office:

Midwest Office Address
Midwest Regional Office
2610 University Ave., Suite 300
St. Paul, MN 55114
(651) 917-2240
FAX (651) 917-2248
<A HREF="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">E-mail</A> Media Contact
<A HREF="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">Tom Evers</A>
(651) 917-2240A complete TPL office list is found in the
<A HREF="http://www.tpl.org/tier2_sa.cfm?folder_id=181";>About TPL</A> section
of this website.

2) As one of the last victory gardens extant, and a community garden, the
Dowling might pique the interest of you local NPR station, which could also
lead
to national coverage of the story. Try your local affilliates.

3) Maybe you should contact your local Veterans of Foreign Wars.  Some old
vets might show up in support of an old victory garden.

Please let out-of-towners know if there's anything else you think we can do
for the Dowling.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,