There was a study done by Jill Florence Lackey about
University of Wisconsin Gardens.  It is called,
"Evaluation of Community Gardens (A program of the
University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension).
(1998)."  Her email address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
She is very open to sharing her research.

Also, I am again going to plug research that was done
by my planning studies class.  It can be found at this
web address:
http://gis.sarup.uwm.edu/dkanter/communitygardens.pdf

Some of the research in this report is being
duplicated in Minneapolis by Corrie Zoll.

-Diana Kanter
Associate Planner
Town of Menasha
[EMAIL PROTECTED]