From: Karen Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:07:22 -0500
Subject: [cg] Cuban Gardens

Re Cuban Gardens ;  The Canada-Cuba Solidarity Committee is probably
worth contacting, they have lots of sustainability projects going on
With Cuba.  In addition you might want to contact Angela Legua who is
the director of Jardin Botanico Nacional just ourside of Havana her
number is 549310. She may be able to let you know about projects going
on. They have a garden at the Botanic Garden which grows all of the food
which is served in the restaurants on site.  I have been to Cuba several
times and always come back convinced that sustainability can work. The
food tastes different there. It tastes better. It is all organic. They
are dealing with peak oil before peak oil. I know that you will have a
wonderful time.  Bon voyage.   Karen

All on demand. Always Free.