Friends,

I've found that a good perimeter fence is the best way to deal with predators,
two legged and four.
You have a garden, and you don't want your veggies eaten by any unauthorized
beast.

Norway rats are the four legged creature that gives us the most trouble at the
Clinton Community Garden here in NYC - and they come from all the darn
construction in the neighborhood.  When we have to deal with them, it's
baiting, water in their holes ( boiling oil is too expensive) and collapsing
their warrens.

Duluth MN, ( not the fictional place written about so amusingly by Gore Vidal)
has to have food pantries and soup kitchens that feed the hungry. I have to
believe that a shotgun kept in the shed would help the garden provide
desperately needed protein for the hungry.

Flopsy and Bambi can feed families. Here's the website for the Minnesota group,
Hunters Against Hunger

http://www.mnhuntersagainsthunger.com/ . They can provide tips on drop off
spots for carcases, refrigeration tips, etc.  When you get handed lemons, or in
this case rabbits and deer, you take this bounty and send it where it will do
the best good.

And if charity starts at home, then here are some great recipes:

 http://homecooking.about.com/od/game/

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Hell's Kitchen NYC