Hi, all, Many know this already, but for those who haven't heard, next summer's American Community Gardening Association conference is going to be in New Orleans. ACGA is a good outfit, a loose coalition of a lot of different folks and perspectives, but in spite of their differences pretty much all share a deep commitment to social justice and food security.
I agree with Diane, lots of people need to know about and be inspired by your fine work, Lanette. To get more info on their conference, which they are billing as a "different" kind of conference where folks roll up their sleeves and actually help with projects (I think), check out the ACGA website at www.communitygarden.org. Good luck, Lanette, and you may want to check in with ACGA and local community gardeners - might be a source of some help. Don Boekelheide Charlotte, NC http://urbanministrygarden.blogspot.com --- Diane Dodge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > Hey Lanette! > > I'm really happy to hear from you, and I'm answering > you on the Growing Food and Justice for All list, > because we ALL need to know what you ALL are doing > in New Orleans! Maybe when you get a chance to > write again, you can tell us more about "Dig This" > in the Algiers community, and how we all can be a > part of what you are doing in NO. And please let us > know about NffN and exactly how we can be informed > of that good and necessary work. I'm thinking about > you and Daddy Noel and all those other strong and > hardworking folks all the time. Diane > In solidarity,Diane Dodgelistserv > administratorGrowing Food and Justice for All > > > Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:39:08 -0700From: > [EMAIL PROTECTED]: > [EMAIL PROTECTED]; > [EMAIL PROTECTED]: > [food_justice] Re: Re: New GFJA List Serve > Administrator > Hi Diane I am glade that the conference went well > for you all an safe, I have been busy putting > together collective farmers in the N.O. and outer > parishes in the community, Also we are planning a > Dig This in the Algiers community,Along with working > with the new Food Map for a healther and not so > stainable community. Be informed with the NffN an Be > well _______________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: [email protected] To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

