Hi, Folks! Well, because I'm desperate (YouTube video of the HACC Board meeting coming this weekend!), I took a gander on Amazon and found 92 hits for "The Book of Five Rings" - most of which are the Japanese text and one of which was "Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook, in A Five Ring Binder"!
Someone give me an idea of which translation is the closest to the original text and/or is the most understandable in translation and I'm buying that sucker! Thanks for the help! Dorene Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator St. John's United Church of Christ Organic Community Garden and Labyrinth A mission of St. John's United Church of Christ, 315 Gay Street, Phoenixville, PA 19460 -----Original Message----- From: Mike McGrath [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 9:31 AM To: Alliums; 'List Serve' Subject: Philosophies of life If you can find a copy, I prefer "The Book of Five Rings", an ancient (but very modern reading) Japanese text that's allegedly about sword fighting, but in truth explains how to triumph in virtually every life encounter. The 'list of rules' alone is all some people need. I bet the people trying to reclaim Doreen's garden would fall to The Path of Two Swords as One.... ---McG _______________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: [email protected] To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

