Beki,
I only use the jewelweed ice cubes to treat the rash, not to wash the initial 
urishol contact off.
Lenny

Lenny Librizzi
Council on the Environment
51 Chambers Street room 228
NY,NY 10007
212-788-7927 phone
212-788-7913 fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.cenyc.org



-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Fri 1/4/2008 12:59 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Community_garden] How NOT to deal with Poison Ivy
 

OK, I've got to jump in here and relate a story about poison oak. Lenny,
you may do well using jewel weed ice cubes, but when my eight-year-old
daughter tried to 'wash' the urishol off her arm using ice cubes (the
only water we had at that picnic), she ended up SPREADING the oil and
rubbing it thoroughly into her skin. The resulting rash was the densest
mass of PO blisters I have ever seen, and the poor child was very
miserable. My herbalist friend Adam Seller recommended masking the area
with dolomite clay, which has a powerful drawing effect as it dries. I
do believe that helped, but it was still weeks before she was PO free.

Beki Filipello 



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
http://list.communitygarden.org/pipermail/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org/attachments/20080108/e48b9900/attachment.html
 
_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:  
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

Reply via email to