Hello all, Feeling a little loony after last nights splendid eclipse! Bill Dawson here, coordinator for Growing to Green, Franklin Park Conservatory in Columbus, Ohio. I teach an eight-week Urban Garden Academy for folks working with community gardens, school gardens and neighborhood beautification projects. I wondered if we as a class could utilize this list serve as a component of the course. I of course have urged all participants to join ACGA and utilize the vast resources of the list also. We had our third class last evening with over 70 people in attendance. First class Organization I second Permaculture in urban gardens last night Organization II where we went into more detail about management of projects. The next four will be on Garden Design, Plant Propagation, Garden Programming and the last is always on Sustainability. Here is my proposal. May I ask a question of the list pertaining to each weeks upcoming subject? I would then share the replies / information in class each following Wednesday, which I am sure will spark enthusiastic dialog. It would be great to have as many of you from all over the world be a part of our class each remaining week. If I could get the answer/advice come through in the form of who you are, where you are, and a paragraph or two pertaining to the question each week. I would attempt to pose the question on Thursday for the following Wednesday evening class. Thank you to all who choose to participate. This list serves as a great tool already; just hoping this could spur more interaction (while enlisting more teachers for my class!) Here is this weeks question / scenario: I live in Columbus, Ohio and we have received a $1500.00 grant to improve a garden at our church. We will also be accepting donated items for the garden. We would like to have plots and communal gardens with annuals, perennials and fruits, herbs and veggies. We would be erecting a fence for that mental/ physical boundary of space. Community and church members, seniors and children will utilize the garden as well as serving the food pantry. Full sun. Water nearby. Could you list the top three things (and why) that we should consider in design of this space? Thank you, thank you, Hmmm Pastor Bill yeah
Bill Dawson Growing to Green Program Coordinator Franklin Park Conservatory 1777 East Broad Street Columbus, Ohio 43203-2040 614.645.5952 [EMAIL PROTECTED] www.fpconservatory.org -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: http://list.communitygarden.org/pipermail/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org/attachments/20080221/76c03af3/attachment.html _______________________________________________ The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org To post an e-mail to the list: [email protected] To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

