Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2008 12:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Community_garden] Local is the new organic

Santa Cruz and about anywhere I can think of is better
at community gardening than the town I live in. People
in general are so far removed from the natural world
that they dont need or want to communicate with their
helpers in the natural world. So called cheap labor,
so called low-maintenance and so called gardeners come
in huge droves to throw away the vast majority of
leaves from over watered, over fed, over cut, non
harmonious plants. These non progressive droves, hired
by the unthinking. are helping to destroy the
unthinker's culture. The droves are branching out.
Much produce that is grown is taken this same non
progressive group which believes they are entitled.
Whats it gonna take maybe a recession will force a bit
more self reliance. But from my frustrated
perspective. THe rate of interest is pitiful. Ive been
struggling to change it since the mid seventies.

"Green" Gene
--- Mike McGrath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hang in there. I see the local food movement almost
surpassing 'organic'
here in PA.
    Even if it hasn't, it has certainly had a lot of
action, thanks in part
to strong local orgs like the fabulous White Dog
restaurant (& foundation).
Chefs at good restaurants are embracing it (as White
Dog's Judy Wicks did a
decade or more ago).
    So--hang in there and promote!

       ---McG