um.... make your own? do-it-yourself. rustic fences and the like can
be very fun community projects, and are traditional. deer are confused
and intimidated by multiple fences (seperated by about four feet in
between, you can plant bushes in that space). im sure the city would
work with you to help them reuse there refuse.  they look awesome too!
this is also a general heads up to check out the artistic stylings of
andrew goldsworthy (google, and then click "images"), his all natural
art is an inspiration. why spend money when you dont have to?

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Libby J. Goldstein
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For years community gardens in Philly used "turkey wire" (I think it was 2
> or 3" by 4 or 5") as fencing. It was simply hooked onto poles with hooks.
> Not nearly as stable or as prison-like as chain link, but way cheaper.  It
> will deter both deer and marauders. You might want to check out the price in
> your area.
>
> Libby

 feed two birds with one seed