I really advise against it; tires are loaded with zinc, made from petroleum and pretty much classify as toxic waste. Why would you want to chance polluting your soil like that?
                                                           ----McG

PS:  "I came across some used tires..."
   I'll bet you did--people have to pay to dispose of them legally!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anna Breithaupt" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 11:05 AM
Subject: [Community_garden] raised beds from tires


I came across some used tires which I am going to use as raised beds to
plant edibles in our community garden. Given tires contact with toxic
materials, is there anything I should do before filling these beds with
compost and planting, or is it safe to stack the tires, fill with
planting material, and plant.

Thanks,

Anna

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://list.communitygarden.org/pipermail/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org/attachments/20090217/8a20a1be/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org





_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:  
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

Reply via email to