Hi, Bob!

Where do you live?  If you are in the Northeast, home of acid rain, you are
already getting plenty of sulfur on your plants.

As David Stern of the Garlic Seed Foundation says " Acid rain is what gives
New York garlic that 'special' kick!"

Here in PA, I don't recommend adding sulfur to the soil, either.  However,
some garlic growers do it in the western plains because they don't have the
"natural" sulfur.

If you live near a coal-fired power plant, you don't need to add sulfur.
Also, think about how your onions and garlic taste - if they have plenty of
kick, no need to add sulfur.  

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator
St. John's United Church of Christ Organic Community Garden and Labyrinth

A mission of 
St. John's United Church of Christ, 315 Gay Street, Phoenixville, PA  19460


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Robert Mader
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2009 11:23 PM
To: Glen Hemerick; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Community_garden] organic sulfur

I'm definitely going to try the sulfur after a rain. But I am mystified. Did

I miss something? Why particularly in August?
Bob
GrandBob
(Who still learns one new thing every day)
----- Original Message ----- 




_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:  
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

Reply via email to