Check out my friend Mike's solution at his community garden:
http://www.sustainablealpharetta.com/2009/04/using-ollas-old-fashioned-drip.
html

I know this is what the Dervaes family at Path to Freedom uses, too.


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
Jennifer Michele Karberg
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2009 12:34 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Community_garden] Watering plots in your community garden

Hey all,

I'm new to this listserv and new to community gardening.  I'm working with a
group of people to start a new community garden this season - we've figured
out everything from soil amendments to fencing but now we're wrestling with
the idea of how watering will occur in the garden throughout the season.  I
though I'd check here to see what most places do.  We are a fairly small
garden - only 9 plots but with one water source into the garden.  I'm
wondering if there are any people on the list working with smaller gardens -
are individual plot holders responsible for their own garden, how do you
regulate who gets to water when, has anyone hooked up multiple plots with
soaker hoses together to water all at once?  Just looking for suggestions -
maybe someone has some unique method we haven't thought about!

Thanks for all your help - I'm really enjoying this listserv - so much
useful information!

Jen


 
Jennifer M. Karberg

 
Nantucket Conservation Foundation
Research Supervisor, Science and Stewardship Department

118 Cliff Dr.

Nantucket, MA 02554
[email protected]


      
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://list.communitygarden.org/pipermail/community_garden_list.communityga
rden.org/attachments/20090504/82eddbf9/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find
out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.commu
nitygarden.org


_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:  
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

Reply via email to