Hi Ed,

Thank you for this clarification and for the informative links.  While
I agree with you that copper is a necessary nutrient, my concern was
that excessive amounts of copper could leach from the treated wood,
such that concentrations would become toxic.  After all, anything in
excessive amounts, including oxygen and water, can become harmful.
That said, I didn't do my research on this matter, so I thank you for
providing us with these links.

I am still not sure if I would use treated lumber for a raised bed,
just to be on the safe side, but I do think it would make for an
interesting study.  If I only had a research position and funding for
this endeavor!

Best regards,
Guy