To: <community_garden@list.communitygarden.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:21 PM
Subject: [Community_garden] How many workers do you need to maintaina garden?

We have a 5000 sq. ft. community garden of the type that is worked by a group of people, not individual plots. We haven't had nearly enough help this year and the garden is full of weeds and I'm sure isn't producing as well as it would with proper care. There are two of us who with the occasional help of a third person planted the garden from the end of May until mid July. It really should have all been planted by mid June. I think this garden should have at least ten regular people to tend it. That would be one person for every 500 sq. ft. I think that we could take care of a garden very well with that number and more would be even better of course.
Judith Hainaut