I am interested in exploring making semi-temporary raised beds (lasting 1-2
years at most) out of straw filled, burlap covered wattles, to get some
community gardening happening before we have a final design in a permanent
location.

I am taking my inspiration from the 2008 Victory Garden in front of the San
Francisco City Hall. I think we may try to stack (and bind together) up to
three 8.5" burlap covered straw wattles, which is higher than most of the
beds in the photo on this website.

Does anyone have any experience with using wattles for raised beds ?

Thanks !!!

Robin Mitchell
El Cerrito, CA
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://list.communitygarden.org/pipermail/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org/attachments/20130106/a1471260/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's 
services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out 
how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org

To post an e-mail to the list:  [email protected]

To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription:  
http://list.communitygarden.org/mailman/listinfo/community_garden_list.communitygarden.org

Reply via email to