Good Morning Community Garden Leaders!

We are in the process of expanding our community garden here in Campbell
and are  exploring the idea of installing a few ADA accessible plots.
These plots can also be used by our elderly residents who may require a
raised plot for easier accessibility.

Have any of you  included ADA accessible plots in your gardens? If so,
can you provide me with any feedback on this subject?

We will need to address on how to best reach out to the gardeners who
might require an ADA plot. Most of our current gardeners are Senior
Citizens and we anticipate many have ADA parking placards; so there will
need to be some conversation as to who/what qualifies for an ADA Garden
plot. We were thinking initially just to leave those two plots
unassigned until we receive a request for an ADA plot. However, because
there is a high demand for a garden plot in our garden, we are hesitant
to have one left vacant for an extensive amount of time.

Diana Johnson | Executive Assistant
City of Campbell | Public Works Maint.Div.
* 70. N. First Street | Campbell, CA 95008

( 408.866.2749 | 7 408.370-3304
: dia...@cityofcampbell.com <mailto:dia...@cityofcampbell.com>

www.cityofcampbell.com <http://www.cityofcampbell.com/>