From: Community Food Centres Canada
[mailto:emily=cfccanada...@mail51.wdc01.mcdlv.net] On Behalf Of Community Food
Centres Canada
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2015 12:04 PM
To: Pernitz, Sandy
Subject: With politics in the air, we've got a new module on basic income + Eat
Think Vote highlights to share

Updates from Community Food Centres Canada's The Pod
K<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=fb969ea51c&e=23f7fc7224>nowledge

Exchange<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=5ab7cba194&e=23f7fc7224>.

Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your
browser<http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=6166bc2b7b&e=23f7fc7224>.

[cid:~WRD000.jpg]<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=a56a8021aa&e=23f7fc7224>

Hi Sandy,

On September 30th, our webinar on basic income attracted nearly 400 attendees
from across the country. In addition to many passionate citizens, participants
hailed from academia, health care, government, and grassroots organizations.
This was on top of the countless individuals and organizations who, in the
months leading up to next week's federal election, raised their voices on
social media in support of basic income and called for policy change that would
make hunger history. All this points to a growing appetite for change when it
comes to how we tackle poverty and food insecurity in Canada.

Let's continue working together and with our elected officials — whoever they
are — in the weeks, months, and years ahead. We can put an end to poverty and
food insecurity, and our voices are gaining traction. Let's continue to use
them!

Read on for details on the new basic income learning module, a roundup of
social media highlights from Eat Think Vote, and a talk by researcher Valerie
Tarasuk on policy levers that would help turn the tide on rising household food
insecurity.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D10748.06F00CD0]<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=4ae0dbafcb&e=23f7fc7224>

NEW MODULE: Basic income – Giving Canadians a solid floor to stand on
The video and learning module from our September 30th webinar with Dr. Andrew
Pinto and former Canadian senator Hugh Segal is now available.

Watch the video and download associated resources on The
Pod<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=2d78e9af32&e=23f7fc7224>

Eat Think Vote roundup

Throughout the federal election campaign, we've supported our friends at Food
Secure Canada in calling for a bold new national food policy. We're thrilled
that food organizations from across the country heeded our call to engage their
local candidates by hosting Eat Think Vote events and by joining our social
media
campaign<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=c9c67f875b&e=23f7fc7224>
 on #basicincome.

Check out our virtual recap of the campaign's coast to coast
participation!<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=b18ec71982&e=23f7fc7224>

Plus, it's not too late to reach out to your local candidates and ask them, if
elected, to advocate for a bold national food policy. Learn
how<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=7f44552cb1&e=23f7fc7224>!

[cid:~WRD000.jpg]<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=4ea0307593&e=23f7fc7224>

[cid:image001.jpg@01D10748.06F00CD0]

Valerie Tarasuk talks anti-poverty policy
From the University of Toronto's PROOF Project, Valerie Tarasuk presents her
team's research on household food insecurity in Canada, and the policy levers
federal and provincial governments could use to reverse the growing issue of
household food insecurity.

Watch the
video<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=4eff129a71&e=23f7fc7224>

Like what you read? For more on Community Food Centres Canada's work bringing
people together to grow, cook, share and advocate for good food for all, sign
up for our monthly
e-newsletter<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=44b1a686ae&e=23f7fc7224>,
 like us on
Facebook<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=d226f2dc99&e=23f7fc7224>,
 follow us on
Twitter<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=07e1d6d92e&e=23f7fc7224>
 or
Instagram<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=bfbd7e8dfd&e=23f7fc7224>
 at @aplaceforfood, or watch our
PSA<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=1c835cf70b&e=23f7fc7224>.

[cid:~WRD000.jpg]

 follow us on
Twitter<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=c11b36c83a&e=23f7fc7224>
Facebook<http://cfccanada.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=6a9c3b9d00&e=23f7fc7224>
 | forward to a
friend<http://us6.forward-to-friend2.com/forward?u=c038f75e5e617ff2863f2d991&id=6166bc2b7b&e=23f7fc7224>

Copyright © 2015 Community Food Centres Canada, All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email because you signed up for updates from Community
Food Centres Canada, you're a member of The Pod Knowledge Exchange, or you've
attended one of our events.
Our mailing address is:
Community Food Centres Canada
80 Ward St., suite 100