Marshall wrote:
>Since you posted the query, I've been trying to get iCab to run.  By the
>documentation, it should work, but I think it wants me to add Internet
>Config next.  I've already added the Drag Manager and Thread Manager.

iCab will run fine without (the hated) Internet Config if you uncheck all
of the iCab Preference settings that mention Internet Config.
For 7.0.1 and 7.1 all iCab needs is 'Thread Manager' and 'Macintosh Drag
and Drop' extensions.

iCab can grab System memory. So, although it appears to be staying within
*its* alloted memory, the growing System memory may be a problem for an 8
MHz ram Mac. It depends on the content of the web pages that are visited.

The latest version of iCab, 2.52, won't open ftp sub directories.
I'm staying with 2.51 for now.

Gamba
<http://www.accesscom.com/~gamba>