On Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002, at 15:09 Europe/London, Gamba wrote:

>> I think people should be aware that on some rare cases, usually
>> resulting from using Microsoft Outlook/Entourage it possible to pass
>> on
>> Windows/MS VBS viruses through a Mac, especially if you get a lot of
>> junk mail. I have Virex (part of .Mac in my case) on my G3 and on my
>> iBook as they are my e-mail readers in all cases so anything that's
>> gonna get in will through there.
>> Mark Benson
>
> Does your (Mac) Virex detect windows viruses?

Yes. It uses the McAfee Virus DAT files to detect em and it's far too
big to be just the 60-70 Mac viruses.

I quote from the Product Guide:
"Macintosh DAT files are normally updated monthly
and contain the PC DAT Files and the UNIX DAT Files information."

and

"..., you can protect your system more often from harboring many
PC-based and UNIX-based viruses, scripts and macros."

I can therefore only conclude it does. I have it scan m machine on
login and every few days.

--
Mark Benson

AIM - SilValleyPirate