>The Apple part number is
>115-0002. If you don't want to use the external port, an easy no-cost
>fix is to just remove the damaged component. If you want the external
>port to work, you'll have to replace the part.

If you want to replace that part I have brand new ones for sale. See:
<http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/se30repair.html> for more info.

>the monitor shakes a little while on.

That is usually caused by intermittent connection at the analog card 4 pin
connector that drives the CRT yoke. Resoldering the offending pin on the
analog card usually fixes it, but sometimes there is also heat corrosion
damage to the female pin in the harness connector.

>the screen is dark,

I haven't yet experienced that.

Gamba
<http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2>