I was reading through some past posts and came across an interesting post
from a member that had put a Duo 280c into a classic Mac case, using the lcd
screen as the monitor. He had stated that he needed a way to mount an ADB
keyboard but that the dock innards would not fit into the case.
My question is why not? Why couldn't you put the dock mobo into the case and
use its ports. You would also be able to mount a larger HDD, an internal
floppy, possibly even a cd drive and have the fpu. Plus the dock mobo has an
adapter that allows 2 nubus cards and an external monitor port.
There are two challenges that come to mind in this. First, disabling the
screen 'sleep' mode, when the Duo is docked. I believe I have seen a Duo faq
on how this can be done. Secondly, fabricating an adapter, possibly a
flexible cable, as a connector so that it would be possible to mount each
board in the classic case, either in an 'L' configuration, or one above the
other.
Is such an adapter beyond the realms of possibility of good/common sense? Is
it do-able?