ROBERT CAHILL wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> First, I apologize if this is off topic, but from what
> I read on Lemswap it is acceptable here, ..<snip>
>
> ...I recently acquired a hard drive adapter cable
> (the one that Micromac sells! Before i go mucking
> something up, I wanted to ask if anyone had any
> knowledge of what type of hard drive I can use in the
> Mac portable with this adapter. ...<snip>
>

> If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rob

Rob,

This is a direct quote regarding this adapter from MicroMac's website:

"MicroMac Technology's Mac Portable 34-pin to 50-pin SCSI adapter converts the
standard 50-pin SCSI connector to the special 34-pin connector required for the
Macintosh Portable and Macintosh Portable Backlit. Now you can fit any capacity
1/3 height SCSI hard disk drive into the Macintosh Portable."

Read all about it here:

http://www.micromac.com/products/portable_scsi.html

If you find that you don't need this adapter, please let me know.  I need one
for one of my portables and was just about to make one myself.

Best Regards,

David