>Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:58:13 +0000
>
>Hi Guys
>
>What modem would be the best or which modems are compatible with my Mac
>Classic running sys 7.01? Do I need drivers with it and how would I get
>them if the modem came without the drivers?

I prefer Global Village modems; I'm using a 28.8Kbps on my SE/30 right
now. They have the cable built into them, so you don't need to hund down
the Mac serial to DB-25 cable needed for most other makes of modem. Their
drivers are online (Teleport 2.5.6 I think)

I also use a US Robotics Sportster on another Mac; it's a 56K, and seems
to be faster than the internal 56K on my G4, but it isn't as "cute" as
the Global Village models. As far as a driver, I had it running with
FreePPP with no driver, just the default initialization string. Most
modems will work like that in my experience. (I'm guessing the Global
Village modems will too, but the software gives a nice status bar on the
menubar; a nice touch)

Hope this helps,

J White