A Mac SE30 is one thing, but a cello is another entirely! I play the guitar,
and I own two guitars. One is an el-cheapo that I paid less than $100 for,
and it's the one I bring along with me when I go on trips. My 1995 Guild
JF30-12 that used to belong to Jimmy Buffett, now THAT little beauty stays
with me at all times! Someone once offered me three grand for it. After I
laughed at them, I showed them the photo in my wallet of me standing next to
Buffett himself as he was signing the guitar's headstock. Funny thing was, I
only paid $100 for that guitar. Jimmy had received it free from Guild with
the understanding that he would use it when he was playing a concert in
Daytona Beach. I stood in line for an autograph after the concert, then when
it was my turn I told him how much I liked his guitar. He told me about how
Guild had given it to him for free, and that he preferred his Martin D-12 to
the Guild. He then said he had his eye on a surfboard with a shark painted
on it in the local surf shop next door. He said if I would go buy it for
him, he'd give me the guitar in trade. I asked him if he would sign the
guitar, and of course he said yes.

Funny how one little signature can turn a $900 guitar into a $3000+
collector's item. I'll have to remember that the next time Jimmy comes to
town. Maybe I can get him to sign the Mac SE30 I'm going to get from someone
on this list. That would be a truly unique item, to be sure!

Daniel