> Sourced two Daystar Turbo '040 cards for my SE/30.

Ooo, I'm jealous.  If it's supported under NetBSD I think I'd prefer 040/33 to 030/50.
 :)

> If I plug the Turbo into the SE/30 adapter and then to
> the Asante ethernet (via 120-pin right-angle female DIN),
> the stack is about 8.5" (22cm) high! If I can ever source
> an Xceed, I'll have to get creative :-)

>From what I've read, there's no way to get all three upgrades in the case without
>cutting it somehow.  Unless you're one of the lucky ones who actually have that
>socketed CPU upgrade.  Lucky enough if you find an Xceed, but at least I've seen
>those on eBay before.

> Anybody know what this is?
> Some sort of pass-through or daughter-card mount?

Hmm, it's actually shorter than the SE/30 PDS?  I was going to say it might be
designed for a Nubus pass-through, but I thought Nubus was a longer slot.  I could be
wrong.

Tim
--
Tim Larson                   ><>                        402.998.3233
Systems Analyst                             Web Center of Excellence