On Saturday 07 August 2004 10:13, martin wrote:
> Drive 7 from OEM will work ( if you can find it ). It came on a
> single floppy, so if anyone has a copy, they could email it easily.
> Only thing is, you're married to that utility once you've used it to
> format the HD.
>
> There is also a hacked utility, filename: < HD SC Setup 7.3.5
> (Patched) > (for googlers) which some clever individual hacked so
> Apple's HD SC Setup could "see" an IBM HD, ane which otherwsie works
> like the original. What WAS Apple thinking...? tsk tsk.

It can be found in one of the HD SC Setup disk images here:
home.earthlink.net/~gamba2

I have used it to format a 4 GB HP disk, but unfortunately I could not boot
System 7.0 from it. 7.5.3 worked fine, though. I suppose this is because of
the driver that the patched HD SC Setup installs.

For this reason, booting A/UX from harddisk would initially fail, but
replacing the system software on the A/UX Boot partition with a minimal 7.5.3
install would solve this problem, even though it is normally not recommended
to upgrade the A/UX Boot partition's system software :-)

Daan.