My response is below.

On 17 Sep 2004, at 18:40, Ken wrote:

> I believe it is a 24x-speed ATAPI CD-ROM drive. As the SE (if
> you mean the REAL SE) is SCSI on the inside, you would need
> some sort of converter interface. Interesting project!

Indeed; stick to SCSI, you know it makes sense!  ;-)
Stuart
------------
On 17 Sep 2004, at 19:12, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> While the manuals refer to the drive as a "CD-ROM drive" and as an
> "optical
> drive", looking carefully at the pictures, it seems that the summer
> 2001
> iMac uses what looks like an SCSI drive (at least the data connector
> has 50
> pins, but it doesn't have a power connector - does it receive power
> through
> the data cable?),
--------------------
Yes. I investigated this for my aborted iMac in CC project. The adapter
is not documented anywhere; but it can be worked out fairly easily.
Stuart
Wow fast responce.
First it is a 24x-speed ATAPI CD-ROM drive from a 1998 iMac. It says so on the
motherboard.
I wish it was SCSI but it's not. I have IDE on the logicboard im using in the SE
(63xx)and I need a small CD-ROM to fit in the case.
Stuart, how would you recomend I go about working out the adapter?
TIA
johnsn