Hi listers,

when I started up my Classic II this evening it gave me an amazing concert
I never had heard before: A high-pitched whine growing louder as it came
down in pitch, turned to some kind of pinK noise, then to a stuttering,
crackling noise, then it went back up in pitch again until it was nearly
unhearable; after about ten minutes it disappeared completely, the ghoul
was gone. ISTR an earlier thread on this subject stated that there were
some capacitors on the analog board going south that could cause that
sound; in another instance (CC II) Jeff said it could be the hard drive or
the video circuits where failing components could make oscillations audible
that were otherwise above the human hearing range. Does anybody know the
exact explanation for the Classic II or can anyone identify the culprit(s)?
I stand by with my soldering iron...

TIA, OM

 /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ / No HTML/RTF in email