well I have the back off it now.
first thing is that the back of the case does not have the usual FCC etc compliance notes label, rather there is a label which is blank except for ruled-up boxes. The SCSI port has been merely added to the back of the battery compartment - the battery is there underneath and the case has not been cut or altered. The inside of the back shows a dark grey or black finish, no signatures (yes I know what they should look like)
There has been a fan added to the inside near the top - on a bracket stuck with double sided tape. The fan is wired to the analogue board.
Now the interesting bits..
the mainboard has several mods-
a board 3"x4" which plugs into the ROM hi and ROM Lo slots, and carries the SCSI out socket The original ROMs have been placed in this board , there are 2 custom chips and another larger chip. I take it that basically this board taps into a bus which goes to the ROM chips and and provides the SCSI interface.
The brand of this board is supermac technology 1986 though the chips are C 1987.

the second mod is a Scarlan Megaram, a board which sits on top of the entire RAM section in front of the 68000. It is connected to the mainboard by 4 risers which have been put where RAM sockets were. It must at least double the memory capacit as it contains 21 RAM chips, and 2 control chips that look like they might have been taken from the mainboard.
There is a little veroboard circuit sitting on a little riser near the 68000. It contains a chip. It kind of looks like the local guys bought these upgrade parts and installed them in 1987, but still had to fiddle to get it working. A lot of effort, but maybe the expense of the computer justified it
the main board is copyright 1983.