I finally managed to view the URL after removing all the %20's
I guess the upgrade could have easily gone to replacing the whole MB and using lifted Apple chips - but probably copyright issues would have stopped them. Who knows what exciting upgrades could have been made - the CC power PC or G3 drop-in mboard etc? Every time Apple brings out a new model, an upgrade board becomes immediately available, eating into their sales....

Carter Foreman wrote:

This is interesting,
I have one of these 512k Macs that is functionally like a 4MB Ram Mac Plus
I got it a few months ago.
It has the Dove you mentioned.
I thought the inside was interesting, so i scanned the motherboard.
It has a Dove computer plugin, that also allows a scsi port out the batery compartment.
As Andrew said, it is not a destructive upgrade, as the SCSI port is in place of the batery cover.
Here is a link to the scan i made, I thought you might find it interesting.

<http://carter.macnook.com/Dove%20upgrade%20for%20512k/512k- DOVEcurvedd.jpg>

You can see the SCSI board in the middle where the SCSI cable plugs in."MacSnap SCSI"
You can also see where the 6800 CPU is under the Dove board...
This mac works great, though currently it is sleeping in a closet.

Carter