The upgrade card plugs into a socket that replaces the MC74F253NDS
chip in position F3 on the logic board.  The upgrade card also has a single
in line plug of 7 pins that fits in matching socket at position E3.  This
E3 socket is adjacent and in-line to a 10 pin resistor array.  The upgrade
card has two unidentifiable TTL chips: one at E3-4 (adjacent to the 68K),
the other at F4 (adjacent to the F bank of RAM).  The upgrade card also has
two resistors between rows E and F.
     The ROM sockets appear to have been original to the logic board,
because solder work matches the rest of the original components.  The ROM
part numbers are: 342-0220-A (ROM LOW) and 342-0221-A (ROM HI).  Both are
dated 1984 and copyrighted 1983, Apple.
     For this fat Mac, I beg to differ with your opinion of the analog
board as being the source of the problem.  As in a previous post, the
solder job was shoddy.  I'll wait until I have a second Mac for spare parts
before I work on the analog board.  My source of RAM chips is from 8088-
and 20286-class computers.  These motherboards have from 256KB to 1MB
socketed.
     Could you send me the 'digibarn' picture privately?  Email me off list
if you'd like a photo of this board.

     Regards,
     Edwin