Jim wrote:

    Be very carefull chabging SIMMS, These machines are old & brittle
the little tabs that hold the SIMMS in break very easily.

Oh yeah! I remember back in the '80s we had an Apple IIGS. I bought a tube of chips to install to bring the RAM up to whatever the maximum was. I very carefully installed them, successfully I thought. Then had periodic weird behavior from different software. Worst was WordPerfect so I called them and they had me go through a series of tests. When I was finished they suggested I had a memory problem. Since I just couldn't solve it I took the CPU to a shop and after a zillion dollars worth of testing they discovered I had bent one of the pins on one of the chips.

So anyway, I try to be especially careful when plugging things into a board whether it's on a Powerbook, desktop, tower, or... now... Compact Mac.

Aloha,

Richard

p.s. May be worth mentioning that there didn't seem to be any static charge left in the CRT after sitting unplugged for a week or two.

.