Eric, I think you misunderstood ... the mouse for all Mac Plusi is the
standard 9-pin serial "square" connector. The serial ports are round 8-pin
din, but the round ADB plug didn't come out until the SE & Mac II
(technically the Apple IIgs). You are correct in that the corners of the
Plus' mouse plug were "rounded" compared to the 128k's blocky connectors,
but I think that actually happened prior to the Plus release (w/AppleTalk in
early 1985) and may have shipped with later model 512ks as well.