Hey everyone. It's seems as though the address errors have returned. I may have to go back and check every single disk again. In any case, someone has been nice enough to send out a Mac Plus. All it needs is a keyboard and mouse. I'll find one somehow.

I'll keep everyone filled in on what happens. Thank you all for your help. :-)

Tommy

I know you want to keep hoping that it's a virus/software problem. But ignoring
other possibilities won't make them go away. :)

As I've said before, it's highly unlikely that your problems are caused by
nVir. The nVir strains that I remember aren't known for anything too serious.
Random beeping, the occasional odd message, and unwanted disk activity are
pretty much it. I'd never declare that nVir couldn't be the cause, but I can
declare that a virus is not high on the list of probable suspects.

As I've tried to tell you so many times now, your logic board is quite likely
suffering from the leaking capacitor problem that commonly afflicts compact
macs. It's trivially easy to see if that might be the cause. Just open up the
Classic and look. If your Classic looks like nearly every one with a problem
that I've opened up, the board will have multiple leakage stains. And the cure
is as I've also mentioned to you: Clean the board. :)

--
Prof. Thomas H. Lee
Center for Integrated Systems, CIS-205