On 22 Nov 2005, at 04:46, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

IIRC, HFS supports 2Tb drives, but the following URL has relevant information: http://chrislawson.net/writing/macdaniel/010219cl.shtml

(Copypasted for your laziness ;) )

   How Large a Drive Does My Mac Support?

Originally published 19 February 2001 as a Mac Daniel column for Low End Mac.

*Q: I have a Mac SE running System 6. What's the biggest hard disk I can use? I've heard some things about a limit of the hard disk size on an SE.*

*A: Just to dispel a bunch of nasty little rumours that seem to be floating around*, there has never been an inherent hardware limit on hard disk size on any Macintosh.

It may have true in 2001, but it's no longer true. Many PowerMacs have a limit of 128Gb HD size. But hardly an issue for compact Macs! I'm sure that earlier Macs using IDE will have a hardware limit which current IDE HD sizes have now exceeded.

Stuart