> Google for "simasimac", that's the name of the complaint.
>
> It's caused by leaking capacitors. Strip the logic board bare - ROMs &
> all - & run it thru' a dishwasher.

That looks about right. Its been in storage for some years, so it might just
be the battery.

Not owning a dishwasher, I might skip that bit for now and try the other
suggestions on the sites Google found.

Luckily, either this model is not torq enabled or someone has replaced the
torq screws with phillips ones. Either way, opening it is as scary as heck,
so I'll most likely try reseating and battery first ;-)

Thanks for the info!