Whatever happened to ye-olde UseNet newsgroups? About the only use
I've heard for them lately, is pictures and video. And the
subscription fees for that are pretty nasty. I remember that many ISPs
offered free newsgroup access, but that was back in the days when text
was the primary use for said medium.