Hi,

> is anybody already working on porting the extra plugins (those ported
> over from beryl) to compiz 0.5.0? I'm especially thinking about the
> animation plugin. Or is this something to be addressed post-unification?

For the sake of completeness and if you once want to work with the Git
version of Compiz: The gitweb for the ported (& maintained ;-) ) plugins
is here:
http://gitweb.opencompositing.org/

These repos do not contain all former -extra plugins (Mike doesn't want
to host his plugins there for whatever reason), but the vast majority of
them including the animation plugin are hosted there.

Regards,

Danny