Under Unity using focus follows mouse if you are working in window A,
then mouse over window B and close it with a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+W,
Alt+F4, etc) but the cursor has passed over  window C( or even if window
C is behind window B but has never had focus) window C is brought to the
front.  Prior to Unity, window A remained in front.

The old behavior is obviously much more reasonable since the last
program to have focus is much less relevant than the last program to be
in front.  In a context where the front window always has focus, the
difference is irrelevant, but when a window in the background can have
focus and receive input, the assumption is that the user chooses which
windows to bring up, and so bringing one to the front when user closes a
third, unrelated, window is distracting, and upsets workflow.

I like unity, but I like focus follows mouse more, and currently this
bug (combined with the menu issues, for which, at least there are
workarounds) makes the two only barely compatible.

** Affects: compiz (Ubuntu)

--
Focus follows mouse behavior after window close faulty
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/890286