Hi Daniel

The system eventually crashed totally as these collection of interactive bugs
overtook the
machine. Much like a virus actually. Eventually I couldn't use the machine as
it disappeared into its own vortex.

It started when I had to log in then log out as Guest before my Main
LogIn so that the main login would not stall and actually go through
successfully. This occurred AFTER Upgrade to 12.04. The previous 11
version was near perfect and ultra-robust, which is annoying.

(Btw, the upgrade install to 12.04 crashed too, so I had to reload 12.04
onto another spare harddisk. It looks like the too-simple screensaver in
Linux didn't see any mouse movement during the upgrade and so shut down
during the upgrade. (Linux really does need a more intelligent screen /
power saver which looks at the NAND of mouse, video, audio, keyboard,
download, upload, system activity, etc, rather than just mouse activity.
More time settings should be added too, in the under 30 minute category.
A time-selection-slider would be good !).

Problem got worse when I accidentally updated the system as a Guest and
these mods, which fixed some of the bugs, would not apply to my main
login, which is where the problems mainly were.

By then the main login had the list of problems as written n the Bug
Reports.

Eventually Main Login just got to be unusable and then the machine died.
Guest Login kept running fine, but of course my files weren't there to
use !

Bug #1 above was where upgrades were changing settings, which I thought
shouldn't happen. No data - sorry - system is long gone.

I can make more individual bug reports, if you like.

Look forward to working through this. Ustudio is a good system and so
lets get it better. Look forward to your replies.

Thanks
Ken

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of compiz
packagers, which is subscribed to compiz in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Screen Controls are Crazy since a recent UpGrade, so a working DeskTop
  is now very difficult to achieve.