I noticed that when loading ccsm in the gnome classic session it
outputs:

Backend: ini

I can force it to use the gsettings backend by adding:

[gnome_session]
backend = gsettings
profile = Default

to /etc/compizconfig/config, but it will just load the unity active-
plugins from /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/10_compiz-
gnome.gschema.override, and I don't see any way to override this, even
though the schema is relocatable. Looking at the migration scripts, it
seems like:

[org.compiz.core:/org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/core/]
active-plugins=[..]

should work (and then we could create one for Default or gnome-classic
or whatever), but it doesn't, compiz will only load core and ccp
plugins.

Using the ini backend would be fine too, but it doesn't read any from
/etc/compizconfig/, choosing instead to create a blank file in
~/.config/compiz-1/compizconfig/, so I can't override that unless I
create/copy a Default.ini file there.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of compiz
packagers, which is subscribed to compiz in Ubuntu.

Title:
  [quantal] [regression] Gnome Classic has no compiz plugins loaded