Michele,

Well, I thought about that when implementing it, and I was a little undecided,
but I think this is actually the correct behavior considering the way that
workspaces are handled in unity, where they're always a "different world" (so
this is for alt-tab, and launcher).
So, in the same way you won't be able to switch - using the mouse - to a
secondary instance of an application that is open in a different workspace,
using the DnD should not behave differently.

So, in terms of consistency I think we're right. Although I understand
there's a loose of functionality (and no, pressing ctrl+alt+arrow to
switch workspace when dragging something is not convenient). so I think
we maybe could allow this when pressing Ctrl when clicking/DnD'ing over
an icon, or something like that.

Feel free to open a new bug, including ayatana-design.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of compiz
packagers, which is subscribed to compiz in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Launcher, Window management - Dragging and holding a selection over an
  entry in the Launcher should spread out windows belonging to that
  application