Alan Lord : The trouble with using metacity is has window previews. I
also do not like its Alt Tab behaviour of highlighting window borders of
the current window in alt tab list.

That is the only reason why I am sticking with compiz.
I don't think is anything else out there which has Window Previews in Alt Tab.
Please let me know if you know otherwise.

In my case, I face weird problems with Classic/Flashback which are :

When there are lot of windows open, after reaching around 10 to 15
windows, the mouse movement becomes quite sluggish. It actually becomes
so bad that I feel like going back to 11.04

A quiting of docky and then compiz --replace works for some minutes and
mouse movement is ok, but then after a few minutes it happens again. I
have checked both TOP and memory and nothing seems to be a bottleneck.

Sometimes when the mouse movement sluggishness is on extreme side, doing
a compiz --replace just blanks the screen forcing to use the reset key
on the computer because, with the Nvidia Drivers, those CTRL F1 to CTRL
F6 windows do not work.

On a side note can someone guide how to get those shortcuts to terminals
working with the nvidia driver ?

If it was not the Alt Tab window previews, then I would have abandoned
Ubuntu/Gnome Desktop completely and gone to XFCE.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of compiz
packagers, which is subscribed to compiz in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Compiz CPU usage dramatically increased in Ubuntu 14.04