Hello,

I have a very similar problem but with slight differences. My version of
compiz is 0.9.12.2

I have a laptop with a gtx 965M nvidia graphic card installed using
nvidia-358 drivers.

How to reproduce.
1. Plug in an additional monitor of the left
2. Change the corresponding settings in the "System Parameters"
3. Drag a window on the left (additional) display
4. Click the maximize button

Observed result
The window is maximized on the right (laptop) disaplay
Expected result
The window should be maximized on the left (additional) display

Notes:
Interestingly, the problem does not occur when the additional display is put on
the left of the built-in display.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of compiz
packagers, which is subscribed to compiz in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Window is maximized on wrong monitor (dual-monitor)