Hi all!

On IRC the issue occured, if we don't want to raise the required PHP
version of eZ Components from 5.1 to 5.2. My majore concern is, that it
would then be possible for Kore and me to rely on Dericks DateTime
object for parsing and representing date/time information.

Beside that, we could make use of this in some other components (like
Template) and we gather some other nice stuff like ext/ZIP for Archive,
a lot of SPL stuff (e.g. RegExIterator, CachingIterator) and more.

I think that every hoster that runs PHP 5 should have upgraded to 5.2 by
now, so it should be save for us to rely on this and refactore the
components accordingly (without breaking BC, logically).

Opinions?

Regards,
Toby
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vennlig hilsen / With kind regards

Tobias Schlitt (GPG: 0xC462BC14) eZ Components Developer

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | eZ Systems AS | ez.no